Michael Jacques, CFP®, ChFC®, CRPC®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Mike Jacques (pronounced Jakes) is a specialist in retirement income planning. He not only helps find ways to effectively grow your retirement savings, but also shows you how to use that savings as an efficient income stream after retirement to help avoid “running out.”
The son of an educator, Mike understands the importance of listening. Retirement planning is not a one-size-fits-all, fill-in-the-blanks template. His knowledge and expertise will get you only so far unless he really understands what you want out of retirement. Mike tries to help people think about retirement beyond the financial aspects to make sure the finances fit. He’ll often use drawings and diagrams to clearly explain concepts and strategies in order for clients to make better decisions suited for their own personal ambitions.
Since graduating from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire with a degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance, Mike has earned the following professional licenses and registrations:
- Investment Adviser Representative (IAR) with Commonwealth Financial Network®, an independent broker/dealer known for its personal attention and high-quality service
- FINRA Series 6, 7, and 63 securities registrations
- Life and health insurance license
In addition, Mike has continued to advance his education and has worked to achieve expertise in retirement income planning:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification, which demonstrates competency in tax planning, retirement planning, estate planning, and insurance, and requires ongoing education to retain certification
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), which signifies going above and beyond to learn each of these areas in more detail
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® (CRPC®), which designates individuals as retirement specialists and provides greater knowledge of retirement income planning
A Green Bay native, Mike and his family live in Bellevue, Wisconsin. His wife, Kristin, is a sales representative for the employer division of Bellin Health. With two children in high school and one in college, Mike enjoys spending time at their athletic and school events, playing golf, and staying active in the Lion’s Club.
Fixed insurance products and services offered are separate and unrelated to Commonwealth.